Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cape Coast 10.28

Hello from cape Coast! A weekend away from the orphanage again. I have never loved the beach more. The children call broni (white woman!) i want to swim with you, i want to be your friend as you walk down the beach. the waves are big enough to surf on and the water is warm but still refreshing. I saw three grown men taking craps on the beach yet I am still able to say ah...what beauty. I think Africa has broken me in people. Yesterday we went to Kakum National Rainforest and for five bucks got to walk suspended in the canopy. It would not pass US high ropes course standards; we were on it in a thunderstorm downpour, but it was mighty cool. We slept in the forest on a platform with a tin roof, our most expensive stay anywhere yet, and listened to the noises of the jungles as we slept. I got to do yoga watching the rain fall around me and we drank our favorite Ghana beer, Castle Milk Stout. We checked out the slave castle museum, where almost all slaves passed through before leaving their continent. We walked in the dungeons where thousands were packed, and thousands died. It was a crazy, crazy thing, something I never thought I would see. The Internet cafe we like is run by Israeli blacks who claim to be the original Jews. I walked out of a class I was teaching when the local teacher canned all of the children...to hard in my opinion. A different way of life here, it makes them behave for sure. Mark and I really want to focus on getting two classes of children from the fundamental stages of reading, to actually read. I am also sign painting, and made a teatherball course, and did a website. miss you all!
love
di

4 comments:

NTEU287 said...

QUITE A SIDE TRIP... and the cleanliness of the beach.
DID TOU RCV THE MALARIA INFORMATION I SENT YOU????.
1)THE BURMA/TI BOARDER REQUIRES A MALARIA MED OTHER THE THE 1 YOU MENTIONED.
2)DID YOU TAKE ANY MALARIA MED BEFORE YOU LEFT???
Love,
DaD

Kendra_Teyla said...

ah, you two are inspiring.
i am envisioning a collective memoir written someday about these travels of yours.
until we meet in australia, travel safe and be well.

kisses,
kendra

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Idle Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them @ Dashing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat community[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known avenues to generate an income online.