Diane and I have finished our time at Sankofa and we wanted to thank the people who sponsored the school and orphanage. Your generosity made it possible for us to start many projects and do a lot of good at Sankofa.
We would like to thank the 5th grade of Carolina Day School, P. Daniels, S. Pyeat, and my mom's church group!!!! Also we want to give a shot out to all those wedding gifts that helped us get over here and to everyone who has ever supported us and loved us! Thanks, your love and kindness has been passed on to many small children in Eguafo, Ghana!
Here are a list of the projects, tasks, events we have used your donations on.
- We have mosquito proofed the orphanage
- We have purchased pens and purple pencils for ever child at the school (it was surpizingly to find 200 purple pencils)
- We have financially prepared the school/orphanage for it's NGO
- We have helped pay for the NGO
- We have created a web site and hopefully it will be posted soon! www.sankofambofrafie.org
- We have made 3 road signs and a welcome sign for the school and orphanage
- We have brought the wonderful game of tether ball to Eguafo
- We have purchased a clock so the students can get to school on time
- We have cooked and purchased food for the children
- We have purchased movies for weekend movie nights!
- We purchased the biggest pot i have ever seen in my life to cook food for the children!
- We have purchased materials for school uniforms
- We have set up a batik/tie dye workshop with a local woman, Ms. Emilia. Ms. Emilia will teach batik to 3-4 children 3 times a week after school for 3 months. The students will learn the trade and help make school uniforms for the children.
- We have purchased bedding for some of the beds
- We made gift baskets for the teachers at Sankofa
- We have made shelves for the kitchen
- We have donated some books and art supplied